Here are the ingredients that you need to compile to complete this recipe:
- 1 small zucchini (about 5 to 6 inches long)
- 1/2 teaspoon Grapeseed Oil or Avocado Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian Seasoning, optional
- 1 tablespoon Pizza Sauce
- 4 tablespoons Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, use more or less as desired
- Optional Garnishes: Dried Oregano, Red Pepper Flakes, Chopped Fresh Basil, Grated Parmesan Cheese
Here are the directions that you need to follow to complete the recipe:
- For the first step, you need to adjust your toaster oven’s cooking rack to the top position to make sure the recipe won’t burn. Preheat the oven to about 400F.
- Now, you need to thinly slice the zucchini into ½-inch thick rounds. Complete until all of the zucchini has been sliced.
- For the next step, you need to add all of the zucchini to a small bowl and toss them with oil, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Continue to toss the zucchini until all of them have been fully coated with seasoning.
- Now, you want to arrange the slices in a single layer on an ungreased roasting pan.
- Broil all of the zucchini on the high setting until the zucchini is slightly tender with a few browned spots, about 3 to 5 minutes. Watch them carefully to make sure that the zucchini do not burn.
- Using oven mitts, carefully remove the pan from the oven. Place the pan on a heat-safe surface and flip the zucchini slices until they are all the opposite side.
- Now, you need to top each slice with pizza sauce, then sprinkle them with cheese.
- Return the pan to the oven and broil until the zucchini is tender and the cheese is melted and bubbly about 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Allow pizza bites to cool for a few minutes before sprinkling with fresh basil and digging in!