Here are the ingredients that you need to compile in order to make these bloody zombie brain cupcakes:
- 1 box desired-flavor cake mix
- 1 3.4 ounce package instant vanilla pudding mix
- Green food coloring
- 4 cups vanilla or white frosting
- Pink or red food coloring
- ½ cup strawberry or seedless raspberry jam or jelly, warmed
Here are the instructions that you need to follow to make these zombie cupcakes:
For the first step, you need to fully prepare the cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes in dark-colored paper liners. Cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, prepare the instant pudding mix according to package directions. Feel free to substitute the water for milk and the oil for butter for a richer taste in the cupcake. Tint with enough green food coloring to reach desired color. In another medium bowl, combine all of the frosting and enough pink food coloring to reach desired color.
Using a large piping tip or apple corer, remove the core of the cupcake by inserting the large open end and twisting until the cake is loose. Fill each hole in the cupcake with the green pudding mixture. Trim cake tops off of the reserved cake piece and place top on top of pudding. Repeat with remaining cupcakes and pudding (reserve any remaining pudding for another use or serve with cupcakes).
Frost a thin layer of pink frosting over the cupcakes. Transfer remaining frosting into a resealable plastic bag or a piping bag fitted with a medium open tip. Pipe a line down the middle of the cupcake top and loop back up making a squiggle and back with the same motion. Repeat on other half of the cake top and with the remaining cupcakes and frosting until you are happy with the look of the zombie brains. Drizzle with jam. Serve and enjoy!