Here are the ingredients that you need to gather in order to make this recipe.
- 130 grams raw cashews 1 cup
- 50 grams pitted medjool dates 1/2 cup
- 2 ripe bananas 220 grams
- 60 grams rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
For the cinnamon swirl:
- 2 tbsp flaxmeal
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Here are the instructions that you will need to follow in order to complete this recipe:
- First, you need to preheat the oven to 350F.
- For the next step, using a large blender or food processor, add all of the cashews, dates, bananas, oats, almond milk, baking powder and salt together. Now, you want to blend everything until a smooth batter forms. It’s okay to stop your blender and mix the batter a bit to make sure there are no lumps. The mixing process should take just a couple of minutes.
- Then, in a small bowl, mix together all of the flax meal, cinnamon, brown sugar, and avocado oil together until you get a smooth paste. You should do this step by hand using a spoon or a whisk, or a hand mixer if you want. The mixing process should take a few minutes for everything to form together but the batter is delicate and shouldn’t be over whipped together. Now, you need to set that aside.
- In a muffin-lined tin, pour the batter about 2/3 of the way up the muffin cups. Add a scoop of the cinnamon swirl mix to the top of each muffin.
- Top off each muffin with one more spoonful of batter so that the cinnamon swirl is slightly covered, but not completely.
- Use a toothpick to swirl the top of each muffin in a circular motion so that the cinnamon mixture looks like a swirl on top.
- Bake the muffins at 350F for 18-22 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
- Serve warm and enjoy!