Attention bread lovers! Have some leftover starter? Try these sourdough chocolate chip cookies.
Here are the ingredients that you will need for these cookies:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sourdough starter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 scant cups all-purpose flour
- 1 bag mini chocolate chips
Here are the directions that you need to follow to complete this recipe:
- First, you need to preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Next, in a medium-sized bowl mix together all of the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Combine until everything is well mixed.
- Then, in the bowl of a stand mixer, add all of the sugars and butter. Combine for several minutes until the butter and sugars have creamed together.
- Now, you need to mix in the egg, vanilla, and the sourdough starter.
- Now, you need to slowly mix the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Slowly mix together until the wet and dry ingredients are fully combined together.
- Next, add in a full bag of mini chocolate chips. You can really add as many as you want, but a full bag is always a good idea. You don’t want to mix these in too much and risk over mixing the batter, plus the large amount of chocolate chips should be easy to distribute upon the pour in.
- Now, you want to shape the cookies however you want and then space them out about 3 inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- Next, you need to bake the cookies for at least 7-9 minutes. Or until they begin to brown on top. Also, you will want to wait at least five minutes for these cookies to cool before you try to eat them. They will also keep in the fridge for at least a week as long as they are stored in an airtight container.