Attention brownie lovers! A chocolate brownie is a wonderful dessert, and it is also a very versatile dessert. You can add many simple flavors to brownies like nuts or espresso powder to change up the flavor.
At the end of the day, a brownie is a simple dessert that is delicious and easy to make. Here are the ingredients that you need to compile to make this recipe:
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp hot water
- 1.25 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 tbsp butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Here are the instructions that you need to follow in order to complete this recipe:
- First, you need to preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Now, in a large bowl, you need to whisk together all of the cocoa powder and the hot water until the mixture forms a smooth paste.
- Next, you need to add in the chocolate pieces and the butter to the bowl. Microwave the bowl for 30 seconds, and then stir with a spatula until the mixture is melted and smooth. Don’t place back in the microwave, use the spatula to mix and the butter and chocolate will smooth out and combine with the rest of the mixture.
- Now, mix in the egg, oil, vanilla, and sugar until fully combined.
- Now, mix in the flour and the chocolate chips, until you have a thick batter.
- Line a 9.5 x 5 loaf pan with foil or parchment and lightly grease with a nonstick cooking spray. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Start testing for doneness at 30 minutes. The edges should be pulling away from the sides of the pan, and the top should look crackly and dry. There should be a firmness in the middle when gently pressed on with your fingers.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes before cutting and serving.