Here are the ingredients that you need to get together in order to complete this recipe:
- 1 small Zucchini Squash, (5-6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup Diced Red Bell Pepper, (about half a large pepper)
- 1/2 cup Chopped Red Onion, (about 1/4 a large onion)
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 Whole Wheat Pitas
- 1/2 cup Hummus
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh Spinach, (2 handfuls)
- 2 tablespoons Crumbled Feta Cheese, (about 1 ounce)
Here are the directions that you need to follow in order to complete this recipe:
Roast the Vegetables:
- Before you turn it on, adjust the cooking rack to the lowest placement available and then preheat the toaster oven to 425°F on the bake setting.
- While the oven preheats, cut and quarter the zucchini lengthwise and then cut into 1/2-inch thick pieces. Next, you want to cut the bell pepper and onion into 1-inch thick pieces.
- The next step is to add in all of the vegetables to a roasting pan. Drizzle them with oil and sprinkle over the oregano, garlic powder, and salt and pepper, to taste. Toss to veggies around to fully coat them and combine the flavors.
- The next step is to fully roast the vegetables together for 10 minutes. Carefully remove the pan from the heat and stir them. Now, you want to return the pan to the oven and continue cooking until all of the vegetables have softened and started to brown, which is a process that should take about 5 minutes. Remove the vegetable from the toaster oven and set them aside.
Warm the Pitas:
- Reduce the temperature of the oven to 375°F and warm the pitas by placing them directly on the cooking rack for 1 to 2 minutes. Watch them carefully to make sure that they don’t burn in the oven. Promptly remove them when they are done.
- Spread warm pitas with hummus. Layer with spinach, roasted vegetables, and crumbled feta.
- Dig in!