Here are the ingredients you need to make these red velvet cinnamon rolls.
Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls
- 5 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 3/4 cups Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages rapid rise yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 1/2 cup (one stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz (1/2 brick) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk
Here are the instructions that you need to follow in order to complete this recipe:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease a 9×13 jelly pan and set aside
- To a large mixing bowl, add: 4 cups of flour, cake mix, and salt. Sprinkle the yeast on top and add the warm water (should be 105 to 110 degrees). Mix well
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup flour on top of the dough and knead in the bowl for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle remaining flour on your work space, dump the dough onto it. Knead the dough on your work space for a addition 6-7 minutes.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out into the shape of an 8 x 16 rectangle.
- Spread the softened butter over the dough and sprinkle with the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and cinnamon.
- Starting with the long end, roll the dough into a log and pinch the ends to seal tightly.
- Using a serrated knife, slice the dough into 8 even slices and place each on the greased pan.
- Drape a kitchen towel over the rolls and place in a warm, dry place for 15 minutes to allow the yeast to rise.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and place pan on a wire rack to cool for a few minutes. While cooling, you can make up the icing.
- For the icing: Add the softened cream cheese and butter to a large mixing bowl.
- With an electric mixer, mix on medium speed for about 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the vanilla, milk, and powdered sugar.
- Generously apply the cream cheese icing to the warm cinnamon rolls.