Here are the ingredients that you need to compile to make this recipe:
For the Cookie Dough:
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 c. light brown sugar
- 1/3 c. pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
For the Spiced Sugar:
- 3 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Here are the directions that you need to follow to complete this recipe:
- For the cookie dough: In a medium bowl, you need to fully whisk together the butter, brown sugar, pumpkin puree and vanilla until the mixture is well combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, you need to fully whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Mix until all of the dry ingredients are well incorporated.
- For the next step, you need to add in the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and stir until all the dry ingredients are well mixed. The batter should be consistent and not at all lumpy. Cover the bowl and refrigerate until the dough is firm, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Now, you need to fully preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- For the spiced sugar: You need to fully stir together the granulated sugar and pumpkin pie spice in a small bowl.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop the dough into equal sized balls, about 2 tablespoons each. Roll each ball in the spiced sugar until well coated and arrange at least 2-inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- You need to bake them until the cookies are puffed, set around the edges and begin to crack on top, 11 to 13 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, about 30 minutes.