The best part of this dessert is these crunchy handheld pieces of sweet fruity goodness will take you less than 15 minutes to make.
Here are the ingredients that you need to compile in order to make these dessert tacos:
Dessert Taco Shells
- 4 Potsticker or Wonton Wrappers
- Melted Coconut Oil, (or your favorite oil)
- Sugar, (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Ricotta cheese, cream cheese or yogurt
- Grated citrus peel, (orange, lemon, lime, grapefruit)
- Sweetener: honey, maple syrup, brown sugar (omit for sugar-free option)
- strawberries, mango, clementines, raspberries, blackberries, apples, bananas
- toasted coconut, mini chocolate chips, chopped nuts, fresh mint
Here are the directions that you need to compile in order to complete this recipe:
- First, you need to place the toaster oven baking rack in the lowest position and preheat to 400 F. Grab a small muffin tin and flip it over.
- Lightly brush or spray one side of each potsicker wrapper with coconut oil. Flip potsticker wrappers over and repeat until all of them have been coated. Sprinkle only one side with cinnamon and sugar if using. Place each wrapper between the muffin cups with the cinnamon side facing inward.
- Bake shells at 400 F for 5-7 minutes until lightly browned, dry and crispy. Start checking on the potsticker taco shells at the 4 minute mark and rotate for even browning. Allow shells to cool about 5 minutes before filling.
- While the shells are baking, you need to stir together a few tablespoons of the ricotta and freshly grated citrus peel. Add spices and sweeteners if desired until you get the taste that you want from the mixture.
- Once the shells have cooled, you need to fill the shells with even amounts of ricotta, stuff with fresh fruit, sprinkle with toppings and serve immediately. Share with friends and family and enjoy! They will also keep in the fridge for a few days.