Here are the ingredients that you will need in order to make this peppermint brownie trifle recipe:
For the Brownie Layer
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
For the Cheesecake Layer
- 2 – 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 1/3 cups Andes Peppermint Crunch Chips, divided
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 16 ounces Cool Whip, thawed and divided
- Andes Peppermint Crunch candy bars, cut into triangles
Here are the instructions to follow to complete this peppermint brownie trifle recipe:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 pan with nonstick spray.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Whisk in the cocoa powder. Let cool slightly.
- Beat the eggs until they are light-colored. Add the sugar and extracts and beat again.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of butter/cocoa mixture quickly. Add the rest of the butter mixture and beat again.
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Slowly beat into the wet mixture in the bowl.
- Pour into a prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Do not over bake. Remove and let cool.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and extracts until light and creamy. Set aside.
- Place 1 1/2 cups Andes peppermint chips and shortening in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds. Stir and heat again if needed until creamy. Pour into cream cheese mixture and beat until mixed in.
- Fold in half of the Cool Whip and 1/2 cup Andes chips.
- Cut the brownies into 1 inch squares. Place half the brownies in the bottom of a trifle bowl.
- Top with half of the peppermint cheesecake. Repeat layers.
- Cover the top with the 2 1/2 cups Cool Whip and Andes chips.
- Swirl the last 1/2 cup Cool Whip around the edges with a piping bag and icing tip 21.
- Top each swirl with candy bar triangles. Keep refrigerated and covered until serving.