Peanut Butter & Jelly Thumbprint Cookies Recipe
Peanut butter and jelly is a really popular flavor around the world, and it’s not just limited to sandwiches. Peanut butter and jelly also works well as a sweet cookie.
- 1 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 3/4 cup of jelly
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
1. First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then get out two baking sheets and line them with parchment paper. After that, spray cooking spray completely over the baking sheets.
2. In a food processor, use the pulse setting to reduce the peanuts to dust. Then add the oats, flour, and salt and blend all the ingredients together. Then put that mixture into a medium bowl and set it aside.
3. In the food processor, add sugar and butter until the mixture has a fluffy, light texture. While the ingredients are still mixing, add in the egg and the vanilla and mix for at least one minute while the mixture takes on a creamy texture.
4. Add half of the dry ingredients back into the processor and continue to blend. One minute later add the remaining dry ingredients and blend until smooth.
5. Use a spoon or a scoop to carefully drop scoopfuls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Leave about two inches in between each cookie as it will expand when it bakes. Once all the cookies are on the sheet, carefully take your thumb and press down gently into the center of each cookie.
6. Bake the cookies for around fifteen minutes, or until the edges turn a light golden brown. Remove the cookies from the oven and transfer the cookies to a cooling rack. Wait until the cookies are completely cool to apply the jelly or it will become runny and not stay in the center.
7. In a small bowl, add all the jelly together with a spoon. Carefully deposit about one teaspoon of jelly into the center of each cookie. Then they are ready to be served and eaten.