Here are the ingredients that you need to compile to complete this recipe:
- 3 tbsp strawberry jam or preserves
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1¼ cups flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1¼ tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 3 egg whites
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 drops pink food coloring
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 6-8 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 drops green food gel dye
Here are the instructions that you need to gather to complete this recipe:
- First, you need to set the oven to 350 F.
- In small bowl, mix together all of the fresh chopped strawberries and preserves. Mix until everything is well combined. You can do this by hand or using a stand mixer.
- In another bowl mix together all of your dry ingredients, including the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, you need to fully cream together all of the butter and sugar.
- For the next step, you need to fully add the egg whites, vanilla extract, and food coloring into the creamed butter and sugar mixture. Continue mixing until the batter is fully incorporated.
- For the next step, you need to add in all of the dry ingredients with the milk, beating on low speed. Do this until the mixture is fully combined.
- For the next step, carefully fold in strawberries and preserves by hand.
- Use an ice cream scoop or a spoon to fill the cupcake liners to ¾ full and bake for 25 minutes. Let them cool and set them aside.
- With your paddle attachment of your electric mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy.
- Add 6 cups of the powdered sugar with cream and vanilla.
- Mix slowly until its blended well, then beat on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Add more sugar one cup at a time until desired consistency.
- Beat in green food dye.
- Sprinkle with oreo crumbs and monster strawberries.