Here are the ingredients that you need to compile to make this recipe:
Silicone mold – I used a 2¾-inch half sphere
Small baking sheet
- 12 ounces couverture chocolate morsels or finely chopped high-quality chocolate such as Ghirardelli baking chocolate divided
- 6 mint hot chocolate mix packets between .85 oz. and 1.25 oz.
- 6 Andes mints
- 1 cup Mini marshmallows
- Sprinkles optional
Here are the directions that you need to follow in order to make this recipe:
- Add 5 ounces of chocolate to a medium bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, remove and stir fully and scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula, then continue to microwave at 15-second intervals, stirring and scraping between each one, until completely melted.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of melted chocolate into each mold and use the back of the spoon to spread it around, make sure to coat as evenly as possible and taking special care around the top and not leave any exposed areas. Place the mold on the small baking sheet and refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and spoon another heaping spoonful into the molds one at a time. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and put on the food-safe gloves and gently remove the chocolate shells from the molds.
- Once all of your shells are made, microwave a flat plate in the microwave for 2 minutes, then place 6 of the 12 halves on the plate one at a time using a gloved hand to gently spin them to smooth the edges then place round side down in a standard-sized cupcake liner on your work surface. Wipe the plate off after all 6 are done.
- Fill each of the half spheres in the cupcake liners with a packet of hot cocoa mix, 1 Andes mint, and marshmallows if desired.
Let the hot chocolate bombs set for a few minutes then top with a drizzle of chocolate and sprinkles if desired.