McDonald’s is known for it’s quick and cheap breakfast options, from coffee to the delicious breakfast sandwich that is the Egg McMuffin. This sandwich consists of an English muffin, egg, and cheese, with additional toppings added if the customer wants.
In a time when lots of people are staying home or working from home, McDonald’s has decided to put one of its Egg McMuffin recipes online, so people can enjoy Mickey D’s without even leaving their kitchen.
Here are all of the ingredients that you need to make a delicious McDonald’s breakfast sandwich right in your own home.
1 English muffin
1 sausage patty
1 slice of American cheese
Here are the directions to make and assemble the breakfast sandwich:
- Begin by toasting the English muffin to a perfect golden brown in a toaster oven
- Take out your sausage and season it up the with salt and pepper, before cooking six to seven minutes on a grill or stovetop. However, if your sausage package comes with its own specific instructions, you should probably follow those instructions for the best-tasting sausage.
- For this next step, it’s okay if you don’t have a metal ring, it just means your breakfast sandwich components won’t be perfectly round and there might be some food spillage over the English muffin.
- The recipe then calls for you to “brush the inside of a metal ring with olive oil” and place in your frying pan, pour in enough water to cover the base, and then bring it to a boil.
- Once that’s done, crack your egg into the ring, cover, and cook for two to three minutes.
- To assemble, you’ll just toss together the cooked sausage and egg on your English muffin and finalize it with a slice of American cheese (on either the top or bottom of the English muffin, it’s your choice!).