Time to turn up the heat on classic cranberry jelly by adding spicy jalapeños and a dash of cayenne for a spread that’s sweet, tart and fiery. This hot pepper cranberry jam is perfect for pairing with crackers and cheese or a juicy turkey burger, it’s the hot new condiment you’ll soon be slathering on everything.
It’s also the ideal ingredient for these unique hot pepper cranberry spirals recipe! This is a wonderful recipe to share with friends and family, and a good addition to a spring meal.
- 2 sheets (1 box) puff pastry, thawed according to package directions
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Hot Pepper Cranberry Jelly
- 2 Tablespoons fresh thyme, additional for garnish if desired
- 1 egg, whisked with a dash of water
- First, you need to preheat the oven to 400°F and prepare 2 baking sheets by covering them with parchment paper.
- Now you need to carefully unfold the puff pastry sheets onto a flat surface to ensure there are no tears. This is an important step. Now, you need to gently spread 2 ounces of cream cheese evenly onto each sheet, leaving the top inch uncovered. Spread the Hot Pepper Cranberry Jelly over the cream cheese and sprinkle each sheet with one tablespoon of thyme.
- Brush the top inch that was left uncovered with the egg. Beginning at the bottom, roll the puff pastry sheets tightly until you have completed the roll.
- Place the sheets in the refrigerator to allow it to firm up for about 30 minutes for ease with cutting. Remove and slice into 1/2” slices or however large you want them to be.
- Place each slice down on the prepared baking sheets and bake for 24-28 minutes, or until the slices have puffed and browned slightly. Garnish with additional thyme and serve warm.
- This is a good recipe to share with others and enjoy!