Here are the ingredients that you need to compile to make this recipe:
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 bag (9.90 oz.) M&M’s Red Velvet flavored candies
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
FOR THE RED VELVET BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp. water
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. LorAnn Red Velvet Bakery Emulsion
Here are the directions you need to follow to make this cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch cake pan with cooking spray, or line bottom with a piece of parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Add in the egg and vanilla extract and continue to mix until well combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture.
- Set aside ¼ cup of the M&M’s Red Velvet flavored candies. Stir in the remaining M&M’s and white chocolate chips into the batter.
- Spread the dough into the cake pan, using your clean hands or spatula to help press out and evenly fill the pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove cookie cake from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely in the pan.
- While the cookie cake is cooling, prepare the frosting by creaming the butter in a mixing bowl. Add the remaining frosting ingredients and mix until combined, stopping the machine and scraping down the sides once, then continuing to mix until frosting is light and fluffy.
- Carefully run a butter knife around the outside edge of the cookie and carefully remove it from the pan. Place on a serving plate. Decorate with the Red Velvet Buttercream Frosting. Chop up the reserved M&M’s and sprinkle them over the cookie cake.
- Store at room temperature, but keep it covered.