Oreo Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 cup mashed bananas, about 2 large bananas (250 grams)
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (15 grams)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature (56 grams)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (56 grams)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (100 grams)
- 1 large egg plus one egg white, room temperature (86 grams)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder (6 grams)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (3 grams)
- 1/2 tsp salt (3 grams)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, fluffed and level (228 grams)
- 1/3 cup buttermilk (75 grams)
- 1 cup chopped oreos (90 grams)
Oreo Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F / 175 C and grease an 8.5 in x 4.5 in loaf pan with non-stick spray or butter.
- Mash 1 cup of overripe bananas and combine with 1 Tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice. This prevents the bananas from browning and brightens up their flavor. Set aside.
- Add 1/4 cup unsalted butter and 1/2 cup granulated sugar into a large bowl. Beat on a medium high speed for 2-3 minutes with either a hand mixer or a stand mixer with a whisk attachment. Beat until the mixture becomes lighter in color.
- Mix in 1/4 cup vegetable oil and 1 large whole egg + 1 egg white on a medium speed. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed with a rubber spatula.
- Add in 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1 cup of all-purpose flour. Mix on a low speed until just combined.
- Pour in 1/3 cup of buttermilk and mix on a low speed until incorporated.
- Add in the remaining 3/4 cup of flour and mix on low just until you can no longer see streaks of flour.
- Mix in the mashed banana/lemon juice mixture on a low speed until it is fully incorporated into the batter. Fold in 1 cup of roughly chopped Oreos.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake on the upper baking rack for 55-60 minutes, rotating the pan half way through to make sure it bakes evenly. If you notice the top of the loaf is browning quickly when you rotate it, cover the loaf pan with a foil tent to prevent it from over browning.
- Remove the loaf from the oven, and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.