Oatmeal cookies are a baking staple that brings a sense of warmth and nostalgia for most people. They are also super delicious and easy to make, as they are filled with common ingredients most people have in their pantries.
Here are the ingredients that you need to make these oatmeal cookies:
- 14 tablespoons butter (1 stick + 6 tablespoons) butter, softened
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 ¼ cups old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Here are the directions that you need to follow in order to complete this recipe:
- The first step is to preheat the oven to 375 F. You also need to grease a baking sheet and then set is aside for baking later.
- Add the powdered sugar to a small bowl and set it aside for later. This also helps you not add the powdered sugar to the batter.
- Next, in a large bowl, you need to mix together all of the butter and sugars until the mixture is well combined. Now, you need to add in both of the eggs and the vanilla. Then you need to mix everything together until it’s fully combined.
- Now, you want to add in all of the dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Continue to mix everything until the batter is just combined.
- Next, you need to carefully scoop out the dough and then roll it into golf-ball sized balls. Once that is complete, roll the balls in the powdered sugar until they are fully coated as much as you want. Now, place the coated balls on a greased baking sheet 2-inches apart.
- Now, you need to bake the dough for about 9 minutes until they puff, crackle and spread with a golden brown edge.
- Take them out of the oven and allow them to cool a bit before you eat them. Then you can consume them immediately or store them in an airtight container.