Here are the ingredients (within reason) that you need to have to make this kitchen sink quiche.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, very soft
- 1½ tablespoons cold water
- ½ pound sliced sandwich meat, such as ham or turkey
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheese, such as cheddar
- ¼ cup Sweet-and-Sour Red Onion Jam (or any jam or onions if you prefer)
- ¼ cup Caramelized Onions
Here are the directions you need to follow in order to make this recipe.
1. Prepare the crust: Combine the flour, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add the butter and mix until it is in pea-sized pieces and well distributed. With the mixer on low, add the cold water, mixing just until the dough begins to come together.
2. Dump the dough out of the bowl, then gently clump it together with your hands to form a 1-inch-thick patty. Wrap in plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator to rest and chill for 30 minutes.
3. While the dough is chilling, prep the filling: Start by griddling the sandwich meat in a hot skillet or pan until browned. Let cool, then chop.
4. Now, it is time to heat the oven to 375°F.
5. Crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk in the milk, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Stir in the cheese, both kinds of onions, and the sandwich meat.
6. Take the dough out of the fridge and, on a lightly floured work surface, roll it into a 12-inch circle. Put a 10-inch pie dish upside down on the dough and flip the two over. Using your fingertips, gently press the dough into the pan, then crimp the crust around the edges.
7. Pour the filling into the crust. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, until the eggy center is just set. Keep a close watch! For a perfect top, broil for a minute or two at the very end of the baking process.