Attention cranberry lovers! Here is a fun recipe you will definitely want to try out for the holiday season! Here are the ingredients that you need in order to make this recipe:
- 3/4 cup (1½ sticks) salted butter, cubed
- 1½ cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
Here are the directions that you need to follow in order to complete this recipe:
- First, you need to preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Then spray a 13×9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
PREPARE THE BLONDIE LAYER:
- In a medium bowl, melt the butter for one minute in the microwave; stir in the brown sugar. Scrape the butter and sugar into a large bowl and let cool to room temperature. Use an electric mixer to beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all of the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; gradually add the dry mixture to the butter mixture. Stir in the cranberries and chopped chocolate (the batter will be thick).
- Spread the blondie batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 18 to 21 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Let the bars fully cool completely on a wire rack.
PREPARE THE FROSTING:
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar until well-blended. Gradually add half of the melted white chocolate; beat until blended.
- Frost the blondies. Sprinkle with cranberries. Drizzle with remaining melted white chocolate. Cut into 30 bars- square or triangle-shaped. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.