Here are the ingredients that you need in order to make cinnamon bun cookies:
- 2 stick butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp extract, vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk powder
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon, ground
- 6 oz cream cheese
Here are the directions to follow to make these delicious cinnamon bun cookies:
1. First, you need to heat the oven to 350°F. Then gather all of the ingredients in preparation.
2. Then, in a stand mixer, you want to fully cream the butter and the sugars together. Mix until there is a smooth consistency.
3. To this mixture, you want to add the extract and the egg. Mix everything together until a uniform consistency forms.
4. Then, add the flour, milk powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda to the bowl. Mix everything together until it reaches a smooth consistency.
5. Next, you want to divide dough in half. Knead one tablespoon of cinnamon into half of the dough. Leave the anther half untouched.
6. Then, fill a cookie scoop half full with cinnamon dough, and the remaining half with plain dough. Pinch and twist the dough together with your fingers to form a swirl. Then, flip the cookie dough ball upside down. Using your thumbs and moving in a circle, create a cavern to hide a tablespoon of cream cheese inside each cookie. Carefully wrap cookie dough edges around to seal the cream cheese in entirely.
7. Next, place the dough rounds, seal side down on a cookie sheet 2-3 inches apart. You can use more than one cookie sheet if necessary. Use the palm of your hand to flatten the dough. It will expand when baked. Bake 8-10 minutes until golden brown around the edges.
8. Let the cookies cool slightly before diving in, although they taste best when warm. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.