Here are the ingredients that you will need in order to complete this recipe:
- 9 slices of bacon
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 11⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 (15-ounce) can of corn kernels, drained
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Here are the directions that you need to follow in order to complete this recipe:
- First, you need to preheat the oven to 400F and grease a muffin pan.
- Now, you need to stack 3 pieces of paper towels on a microwave-safe plate. Place 4 or 5 pieces of bacon on the towels (making sure they don’t touch) and then cover with another 2 pieces of paper towels. Microwave them for about 2 minutes, until the bacon is mostly cooked but not yet crispy. Repeat again with the remaining slices and fresh towels until all of the bacon is cooked.
- Then, in a large bowl, you need to whisk together all of the eggs, milk, and sugar until they are fully combined. Now, you need to whisk in the oil and the melted butter. Next, whisk in all of the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt until smooth. Stir in the corn carefully as not to break it all up.
- Now, line the sides of 6 cups of your prepared muffin pan (around the inside rim), then use half a piece of bacon to line the bottoms of each. Make sure the bottom piece of bacon touches the top piece.
- Scoop 1/3 cup of the batter into the bacon-lined muffin cups. Top each cup of batter with 2 tablespoons of the shredded cheese. Bake at 400°F for 22 minutes, until the muffin tops brown slightly and a toothpick comes out clean when poked into the center of a muffin. Let the muffins cool slightly in the pan, then pop out and serve warm.