Experts Explain Why You Shouldn’t Share Your Passwords

You probably know that sharing your passwords with another individual is not good.

Passwords are meant to keep people from accessing your online accounts.

Canva. com

People share their passwords, knowing it could be risky. Your extended family may use the same streaming service, or your coworker may need to access the same file.

According to ‘LastPass,’ 95 percent of people share up to six passwords with others, including logins to financial, business, social media, and entertainment accounts.

In addition, only 19 percent of respondents said they would not share passwords that could compromise their personal information – leaving 81 percent to share such passwords.

Katie Moussouris, the founder of Luta Security, says, “Sharing passwords is a terrible idea. One should never do it.”

It’s best to use a password manager, says Moussouris.

She says, “You can use a password manager to share access without sharing the password itself essentially.”

“LastPass Premium” creates passwords for all your accounts, including credit card accounts, email, social media, streaming services, etc.

With the LastPass Premium password generator, you can also create long, randomized, and secure passwords, and you will always have a unique password.

Your passwords are also secure across all your devices with LastPass Premium.

Why shouldn’t you share passwords? What could happen?

Canva. com

Experts say you should never share your passwords with anyone. Here are the most common issues:

  • Phishing schemes could expose this information
  • Malware may have been installed by someone else
  • Your other accounts may be compromised
  • If you reveal more than you want, you might regret it
  • It could lead to trouble