Listen, I know I’m not the only one who very rarely cleans their oven. I mean you just don’t even think about it, right? Not to mention it’s just ANOTHER thing on the list that probably needs cleaned every month – or maybe even more than that! Well, after putting it off for too long I bit the bullet and went to town but not without finding the best cleaner to help make this an easier process! The concoction below was really key in getting this job done and not dreading it for months to come! Not to mention, it’s chemical-free which if your household is anything like mine, is AWESOME!
- Take out your oven racks so you can really get in there and get this grimy, dark spots!
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together 1 cup of baking soda and 1 tsp of water. You will continue to add a tsp of water to the mixture until it becomes a paste.
- Once the mix is a paste, spread it all over the oven. Be sure to avoid the heating elements! Let sit for at least 12 hours – overnight is a nice/easier time to let it sit.
- After 12 hours, spray vinegar all over the areas you put the paste and wipe away with a damp sponge.
- For tough spots- spray with more vinegar and use a stronger sponge like an SOS pad.
- That’s it! Once it’s all wiped down, replace your racks and you will have a beautiful, shining oven!