Asparagus Fries Recipe
Want a healthier version of french fries? Try asparagus fries! These fires are a healthy way to indulge and get your vegetables at the same time. The panko breadcrumbs are a good alternative to a crunchy texture.
These fries are not super greasy and the ingredients can be doubled to feed more people. This is an excellent dish for a dinner party or a nice appetizer. These asparagus fries are simple and easy to make and the ingredients are regular pantry items as well. The total preparation and baking time is less than half an hour and the serving of food is very generous.
- 1 cup Panko
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Then take a baking sheet and line it with tin foil around the edges. Then cover the tin foil with olive oil or cooking spray, so the asparagus doesn’t stick to the baking pan.
- Combine the parmesan cheese and the panko breadcrumbs in a large bowl until they are thoroughly mixed. Add salt and pepper to the mixture and combine again. Then set the mixture aside.
- In a medium bowl, crack and whip the eggs together until the mixture is smooth. And set the bowl aside.
- In another bowl, put the flour inside and then set that bowl aside as well.
- In small batches, pick up the asparagus and roll it in the flour. Then carefully dip the entire stem of asparagus in the egg mixture. Next, roll the asparagus in the panko breadcrumbs until it is fully covered.
6. Then place the asparagus in a single line on the baking sheet. Do not stack the asparagus. Then place the asparagus in the oven and bake for around 12 minutes. The asparagus should be slightly golden brown and crispy.
7. Serve the asparagus immediately.