Lots of people love brownies, and lots of people love creme brûlée, so why not combine the two desserts into one super dessert? You should definitely give a try!
Here are the ingredients that you need to compile in order to make this recipe:
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
Here are the directions that you need to follow to complete the recipe:
- For the brownies: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9-by-9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add eggs, sugars and vanilla. Stir until combined; set aside.
- Heat chocolate in a double boiler on medium-low heat. When chocolate is almost fully melted, add butter and stir until fully combined and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir into sugar mixture.
- Once combined, fold in flour and mix until smooth and fully combined.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- For the creme brulee: In a large bowl, add in all of the heavy cream, eggs, sugar and vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Pour the mixture over the cooled brownies.
- Place the brownies in a larger pan, and fill pan halfway with water. Carefully place in the center of the oven, and bake about 40 minutes or until creme brulee has set.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Remove brownies from pan and sprinkle a layer of sugar over the top of the crème brûlée.
- Using a torch, melt the sugar until it bubbles and becomes a light amber color. Then you can enjoy the dessert!