Here are the ingredients you need for this cake:
Cinnamon Sugar Swirl:
- 1/4 cup Domino® Golden Sugar
- 5 TBSP Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 4 ½ tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups Domino® Golden Sugar
- 1 cup Vegetable oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Eggs
- 2 ½ cups All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- ½ tsp Ginger
- ½ tsp Cloves
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Canned pumpkin puree
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups Cream cheese, room temperature
- 10 cups Domino® Powdered Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 5 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Butter, room temperature
Cinnamon Drizzle (optional):
- 1 TBSP Salted butter
- 2 TBSP Domino® Golden Sugar
- ¼ cup Heavy whipping cream
- ¼ tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tsp Ground cinnamon
- ½ cup Domino® Powdered Sugar
Here are the instructions you need to follow to make this cake:
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit and prepare three 8-inch cake pans with non-stick baking spray and parchment paper in the bottom.
- Combine Domino® Golden Sugar, Domino® Light Brown Sugar, and ground cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- To make the cake layers, add the Domino® Golden Sugar, oil, vanilla extract and eggs to a mixer bowl and mix until smooth.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined and smooth.
- Add the pumpkin puree and mix until well combined.
- Add about 1 cup of cake batter to each of the three prepared pans and spread evenly. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar swirl mixture over the cake batter, adding about a third of the mixture to each pan (about 5 tablespoons). Leave a little space around the outer edge of the cake so that the swirl doesn’t quite go all the way to the edge. Use a small knife, toothpick, or offset spatula to gently swirl the batter with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Divide the remaining cake batter between the three pans, about 1 cup per pan. It’s easiest to drop spoonfuls of the batter over the cinnamon sugar mixture, then spread evenly.
- Bake the cake layers for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove cakes from oven and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes, then remove and place on a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Combine the cream cheese and butter and mix until smooth. Add about half of the Domino® Confectioners Sugar and mix until smooth. Add the vanilla extract and cinnamon and mix until smooth. Add the remaining Domino® Confectioners Sugar and mix until smooth. Set aside.
- First, use a large serrated knife to remove the domes from the tops of the cakes so they are flat.Place the first cake layer on a serving plate or on a cardboard cake circle.
- Spread about 1 cup of frosting on top of the cake layer. Add the second layer of cake and another cup of frosting. Top the cake with the third layer and frost the top and outside of the cake with the remaining frosting. Set the cake in the fridge and make the cinnamon drizzle, if using.