Here are the ingredients that you need to make Christmas pinwheels, although you are free to fill them with whatever you want.
- 1 package (8 oz) Pillsbury Original Crescent Roll Sheet
- 1 batch Pistachio Pesto (or 1 cup of any pesto)
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes (chopped/cut)
Here are the directions that you want to follow in order to complete this recipe:
- First, you want to start by sprinkling some flour on your working surface, so that the dough does not stick to the surface. Now you can roll out the Pillsbury Crescent Dough Sheet, being careful to not pull it apart as you do. Now, just pinch together any of the perforations, making sure it is one continuous sheet of dough.
- The next step is to fully spread the pesto over the whole sheet and sprinkle sun-dried tomatoes. It’s important to completely spread the topping evenly across the entire sheet, as you want the flavors and fillings to easily come through with every single bite.
- Now, you want to take the shorter side and roll up the sheet of dough being sure that the end is pinched together so nothing falls out. You should do this part slowly and make sure the filling stays inside the pastry and does not stick out or fall out.
- Now it is time to cut off the ends of the pastry that might not be perfect or seem to be extra bits of pastry that don’t need to be cooked with the rest. Cutting off the ends also makes the roll look uniform and is easier to cut clean pinwheels. Now it is time to cut the roll into 8 even pieces, which become the pinwheels.
- Now, you need to bake them at 375 degrees for 12-16 minutes or until the edges get a nice golden brown color.
- Allow the pastry to cool before you enjoy it with your festivities!