Here are the ingredients that you need to make these festive Christmas cookies!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup nonpareil sprinkles
- 25 Hershey’s Kisses, unwrapped
Here are the directions that you need to follow to complete this recipe:
- First, you need to preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Then, you need to line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the flour, cocoa, and salt. Now you need to also set that bowl aside for now.
- Then, in the bowl of a stand mixer or using a handheld mixer, beat the butter on medium-high speed until smooth, or for about 1 minute. Now, you need to add the sugar and beat on medium-high speed until creamed, about 2 minutes. Next, add the egg yolk, milk, and vanilla extract, and beat on high speed until combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl and beat again as needed to combine. The mixtures should be completely smooth and consistent at this stage.
- Now, you want to add in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low speed until combined. The mixture should be fully mixed together and similar to a dough texture.
- Pour the sprinkles into a small bowl. Roll the balls of dough, about 3 teaspoons of dough per cookie, then roll each ball into the sprinkles to coat. Place the dough balls on the prepared baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and gently press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.