Christmas is officially here! Homes and kitchens everywhere are filled with all kinds of baked goodies, from Christmas cookies (everything from gingerbread to royal icing sugar cookies) to cakes to fruitcake to chocolate and more.
Every family has their own traditions and flavor preferences for Christmas time, and don’t forget the cookies for Santa! One classic cake option for this festive holiday is a Christmas Crunch cake, which is basically a fun take on a sugar cookie.
There is a crunchy and sugary topping layer, with a creamy and smooth cake which can be flavored with everything from vanilla to almond to rum to peppermint if you want. There is plenty of crunch and plenty of Christmas in this cake. The best part is that you don’t even need to bake it! Just top it in the fridge and wait a few hours and it will be perfect to enjoy.
Here are the ingredients that you need for this Christmas crunch cake.
- 16 Nature Valley crunchy granola bars Oats ‘n Honey, crushed
- 1/2cup butter, melted
- 2/3cup sugar
- 2(8 oz.) blocks cream cheese, softened
- 1(14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1(8 oz.) container extra creamy whipped topping
- 1/2teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1tablespoon spiced rum or vanilla
- 1/3cup Betty Crocker™ Decorating Decors nonpareils (red, white and green)
- Nonstick baking spray
Here are the instructions that you need to follow to create and assemble this cake:
- In a large bowl, stir together crushed granola bars, melted butter and sugar until well mixed. Press half of the mixture into a 9×9-inch baking pan that has been generously sprayed with nonstick baking spray.
- In a mixer, beat together cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, whipped topping, almond extract and rum.
Fold in nonpareils, reserving about 1 teaspoon for the topping. Spread whipped mixture on top of crust. Top with remaining granola bar mixture and sprinkle with reserved nonpareils. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, about 4-6 hours.