Pizza is one of the most beloved foods on the planet, and it’s also one of the most versatile. Yes, you can top it with cheese and choose to add meat or veggies, but there are also other options to consider.
Fruit pizzas are actually quite popular as well. It will add a refreshing flavor to any dish and is also a healthier option. Once again, it’s possible to use different types of fruits, toppings, cheese and more. You can experiment and create something new or enjoy this recipe the way it is.
Here are the ingredients that you need to compile to make this fun pizza:
- 1 Pita Bread
- 1/2 teaspoon Apricot Preserves
- 1 tablespoon Crumbled Feta Cheese*
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Pecans, divided
- 1/2 cup Baby Spinach, loosely packed
- 1/2 Apple, seeded, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese, (about 1/2 cup)
- Fresh Rosemary, optional
Here are the directions you need to follow to complete this recipe:
- For the first step, you need to adjust the cooking rack to the bottom placement and preheat toaster oven to 400°F on the bake setting. This will help prevent burning.
- Place the pita on the baking sheet and spread with the preserves and use as much as you want. Top the pita with all of the feta, half the pecans, and spinach. Arrange all of the apple slices in a single layer on top of the spinach. Sprinkle with remaining pecans and cheddar cheese. Also, you can use as much as you want to.
- Bake the pita pizza until the pita edges are browned and the cheese is melted and bubbly about 8 to 11 minutes. You should watch the pizza while it is baking to ensure you don’t burn it.
- Remove pan from the toaster oven, top with fresh rosemary (if using) and allow pizza to cool for 3 minutes before slicing and devouring!