Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
Strawberry shortcake is a simple yet elegant dessert. It easily combines the textures of cream, fruit and bread for a delicious and eye-catching dessert for your mouth!
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus 4 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 3/4 cup cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Then wash and cut strawberries, leaving a few of them whole for decoration on top of the dessert. The rest can be cut in halves or quartered depending on the consumer’s preference.
- Place the cut strawberries in a large bowl, and add the sugar to the bowl. Mix the ingredients together lightly, so the strawberries get coated with sugar. Then set aside the mixture for at least 30 minutes to an hour.
3. In a large bowl, sift in the cake flour, salt and baking powder until all the ingredients are mixed well. Then, using your hands, cut the butter into thin slips and work it into the mixture as much as possible. Add another 2 tablespoons of sugar to the mixture. Pour about 2/3 of heavy cream into the mixture and stir until the mixture is one big mass of dough.
4. Take the dough ball and carefully flatten it out into a disk, then place it inside a cake pan, patting the dough over the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle the rest of the sugar and cream over the dough.
5. Bake the dough in the oven for at least 20 minutes. Set the cake on a cooling rack for 30 minutes.
6. In a large bowl combine the remaining cream, sugar, and vanilla and beat for about 3 minutes.
7. Cut the shortcake as desired. Place some shortcake on a plate and add some cut strawberries on top of it.
8. Spoon as much whipped cream as desired on top of the strawberries. Place more shortcake on top, followed by more berries and cream. Add the whole strawberries as a decoration and enjoy!