By far one of the biggest summer events at the theaters was “Spider-Man: Far From Home” as the last chapter of Marvel’s Phase 3 of the cinematic universe. It was the first Spider-Man film to breach the worldwide box office record to finally make $1 billion. Disney was happy and Sony was exceptionally pleased, which would result in a contract battle that has recently been resolved for Spider to stay in the MCU.
Before that, however, “Far From Home” took a victory lap with a director’s cut that swooped back into theaters in late summer to rank in the last bit of cash. Those willing to wait won’t have to wait much longer as the film is due out on Blu-ray and DVD soon. But if you’re wondering what the home video release will serve up in terms of extra scenes, wonder no longer.
Sony has released one of the deleted scenes and it just happens to feature more of Peter Parker (Tom Holland) and MJ (Zendaya) together on screen. And it’s exceptionally sweet.
If you’re curious about what else the home video release will bring, check out the special features below:
- New Original Short, Peter’s To – Do – List: Peter has a few errands to run before he can leave on his class trip.
- Teachers’ Travel Tips: Mr. Harrington & Mr. Dell present a few tips on how to traverse the European continent.
- Stepping Up: Explore how Spider-Man was introduced in the MCU, the ways Tom Holland transformed the character of Peter Parker, and what the future holds for Spider-Man.
- Suit Up: The suit doesn’t make the hero – but it does play a big role in who they are and who they can become. This piece examines all of Peter’s different suits in the movie, and with behind the scenes footage, we see why some suits are better than others.
- Far, FAR, Far from Home: The film’s illustrious locations serve story points and establish tone, but they’re also amazing to travel to! Hear from the cast on their experiences filming on-location.
- It Takes Two: A special look at the chemistry between Jon Watts and Tom Holland.
- Fury & Hill: MCU stalwarts Cobie Smulders and Samuel L. Jackson are back as Agent Maria Hill & Nick Fury!
- The Ginter-Riva Effect: A look at the villain sub-plot and how William Ginter-Riva ties Spider-Man: Far From Home all the way back to the beginning of the MCU.
- Thank You, Mrs. Parker: A look at Marisa Tomei’s reimagining of Aunt May, from Homecoming to Far From Home.
- The Brother’s Trust: A quick look into some of the amazing work Tom Holland and his brothers have done through their charity, The Brothers Trust.
- The Jump Off: Interviews with the cast & crew take us through all of the amazing stunts of Far From Home.
- Now You See Me: We examine the evolution of Mysterio and why Jake Gyllenhaal was the perfect fit for the role.
- Stealthy Easter Eggs: Allow E.D.I.T.H. to reveal some of the hidden Easter Eggs you may have missed!
- Select Scene Pre – Vis: A side by side comparison of the Pre-Vis with the film
- Gag Reel & Outakes
- Never-Before-Seen Alternate & Extended Scenes
You can watch “Spider-Man: Far From Home” now on digital platforms and buy it in on Blu-ray October 1st.